December 21, 2014

Rival de Loop Young Quattro Eyeshadow Palette - Chocohontas | Review + Swatches


Let's go back to RDL for a second, because I've had this review saved as a draft for a while now. Today I am going to show you one of their quattro eyeshadow palettes.

Rival de Loop Young colour eyeshadow palette - 02 Chocohontas

The palette itself is very small and compact with a transparent lid. You also get a tiny sponge tip applicator with it.


The shade name is adorable, and so are the colours. I like that you can create a whole look with this palette only; you don't really need to reach for another palette to find matte shades. The colours go well together, I usually use the khaki green as my lid colour, the brown in my crease, the shimmery beige as the inner corner highlight, and the matte white as the browbone highlight. I feel like this palette could be a great everyday friend if you're in a hurry in the mornings.

Rival de Loop Young colour eyeshadow palette - 02 Chocohontas

I will start with the negative features, there are 2 of them. The first one being the 2 shades in the middle. They are tiny and hard to reach with most brushes. You have to use a really small brush to apply those shades, and hope that your brush wont pick up any of the other shades. The other thing I don't really like is the powdery texture of the eyeshadows. You have to tap your brush real good, otherwise you will get fallout.

Chocohontas swatches

Now let's move on to the things I like about the palette:
There are 2 matte shades, one for the crease, and one browbone highlight. You don't often see matte shades in drugstore quattros. The pigmentation is good, the most pigmented shade is the metallic khaki green. The matte white shade is subtle, which is good in this case, because you don't want to use a stark white as your brow highlight. My swatches are kinda poor though, the shades look better on the eyes. As I said above, it was really hard to reach the shades in the middle of the palette without overlapping.

Rival de Loop Young colour eyeshadow palette - 02 Chocohontas

Small palette for a small price: it is 500 HUF (~2.5$), very budget-friendly.
Have you tried these quattros by RDL? I believe there are 6 of them in total.

~ Evinde

I bought the product with my own money.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...